NSSW Core Offer
Progressive and engaging, our core activities are designed in stages that address the NSSW-identified barriers to HE progression:
Introduction Stage – Year 9
- Challenge pre-conceived ideas about HE.
- Provide opportunities to explore the career benefits of HE.
- Introduce HE as a managed, personal investment.
- Inform on local HE provision and provide the opportunity to visit a campus.
Development Stage – Year 10 & 11
- Develop aspirations through interactions with HE role models.#
- Use research skills to identify personal interests and possibilities.
- Increase awareness of HE pathways and how HE differs from school.
- Encourage discussion around concerns relating to student fees and finance.
Consolidation Stage – Years 12/13 (KS5)
- Raise aspirations within subject areas and HE progression routes.
- Develop confidence and ability to make informed HE choices.
- Spend time on HE campuses with student ambassadors and lecturers.
- Understand that finance and geographical location are not barriers to HE progression.
Find out More
To discuss your options or suggest a new topic, please contact our team.