The Year 11 Exam Success programme has been designed by MADE Training, drawing on their suite of popular in-person workshops and Thinking Skills Platform online resources.
NSSW has worked extensively with MADE Training in previous phases of the project, with large scale evidence of impact on the participating students
- MADE Training will deliver a whole-cohort session on revision strategies and preparing for exams, based on their ‘Rapid Revision’ and ‘Exams MADE Easy’ workshops
- NSSW Institutional Officers will deliver a minimum of 3 follow-up sessions in school, using MADE digital resources
- The expected outcome is that pupils develop knowledge and implementation of effective, personalised learning and study strategies with a particular focus on GCSE exam success
- The initial workshop is delivered in schools by a MADE tutor
- Trained NSSW Institutional Officers deliver follow-up sessions on Studying & Revision
- Schools/pupils are also able to access further online modules on Motivation & Resilience
- Eligibility: NSSW selected Attainment Raising schools
- Cost: There is no cost for eligible schools
- The course is delivered at school
- The format, duration and targeting of follow-up session will be negotiated individually with schools, minimum 3 sessions, no computers required
- Delivered before Easter
- Available dates and bookings through Institutional Officers
Pupils will complete a post-course survey at the end of the IO follow-up sessions. NSSW will analyse post-course data to assess progress towards raised attainment.
Schools are encouraged to share aggregated/anonymised mock and GCSE data with NSSW to support wider evaluation.