Become a youth ambassador and make a difference
Join our Youth Ambassador Scheme and become part of a community of like-minded young people throughout the South West.
Working alongside NSSW staff, you’ll develop transferable employability skills while building your self-confidence. You’ll also ensure that student voices from your school are heard, while informing your peers of useful resources and upcoming events. You’ll also provide support to your in-school coordinator.
With a positive attitude, you’ll make a real difference to others in your school by being a role model and a motivating force.
As a committed youth ambassador, you’ll have the option to get involved in a range of activities, such as peer mentoring, marketing, presenting, and more. As a result, you’ll develop the communication, organisation, and leadership skills that will enrich your CV and personal statement.
Could you see yourself supporting in the following areas of responsibility?
- Being an aspirational role model
- Being a promoter of NSSW events and activities
- Being a presenter
- Being a community ambassador
- Being a helper of operations
How about assisting with these tasks?
- Peer encouragement and gathering feedback
- Promoting toolkits, online resources and guides
- Public speaking and assemblies
- Creating content for communications, such as a newsletter, social media and blogs
- Updating noticeboards and information zones
- Printing and organising documents
If becoming a youth ambassador appeals to you, find out how to get involved below.