What should I ask?
Many of you have told us that you’d like to talk to real students, but aren’t always sure what to ask. We’ve put together a list of questions that will help you get started.
- Should I go to university if I don’t know what career I want?
- How can I tell if a university is a good choice for studying a particular subject?
- What are the benefits of a gap year?
- What happens if I start a course and find I don’t like it?
- What have your course highlights been?
- What job/career are you aiming for?
- What support is there if you get stuck with your studies?
- How much pressure is there on your course?
- How has lockdown been for you as a student?
- Do you have any tips for using shared accommodation?
- What happens when I first get to university? I am worried about finding my way around?
- Who can I speak to at university if I need support?
- How can I find out what clubs/societies there are, as making friends is important to me?
- What is a student union?
- What is a bursary?
- Do you have any tips for living on a budget?
- Can I work at the same time as studying?
- What money is available to me through Student loans?
- How would I pay it back?
- Does the course you are on have any extra costs?
- Who do I speak to for individual help with finance?
- I’m in year 12. When should I start thinking about my personal statement?
- How do I start writing my personal statement? What did you write about?
- What was your university interview like?
- Did you have anything extra to do (portfolio, pre-exam etc.)?
- What happens if I don’t get the grades I was aiming for?
- What is clearing?
Now that you have a few ideas of what to ask our ambassadors, what are you waiting for? Start chatting now!