Who are NCS?
NCS is a government-backed programme for all teenagers aged 15-17.
The programme typically runs during the school holidays. It’s managed and supported by the NCS Trust and delivered by more than 100 local businesses, youth centres, sports clubs and grassroots initiatives. The programme exists to:
- engage, unite and empower young people
- cultivate stronger, more integrated communities
- build essential skills for work and life
- engage young people in their communities; and
- create more understanding about their responsibilities as a citizen
Together we’re aiming to make the world a fairer, kinder, more compassionate place.
NCS is positively recognised by Ofsted as proof of schools’ contribution to students’ personal development.