The Ambitions Project
Ambitions is a new and innovative project for young people aged 15 – 24 who are not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. It is led by CSW Group and funded by the European Social Fund.
Ambitions is a partnership, of which Cornwall Council, through its Education Business Partnership (EBP), is a key partner. By working in partnership with other key organisations, the project aims to give young people aged 15 – 24 who are NEET, or who are at risk of being NEET, greater access to a wide range of activities to help them progress into education, employment (including self-employment) or training.
The project helps support the aims of the Cornwall Careers Offer, which outlines Cornwall’s strategy to transform the landscape of Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) activity across the county.
Cornwall EBP and The Ambitions Project
Young People referred to Cornwall EBP as part of the project will receive an assessment of their needs, one-to-one guidance and a bespoke support programme designed to help them onto the right path to employment, education or training.
Each young person referred to the programme will be given the opportunity to access:
- work experience placements, tasters and employer ‘Safaris’, which will show the range of jobs that are available in a particular industry
- employability and enterprise skills and CV building sessions
- ‘Access to Work Fund’ application support – for young people with Special Educational Needs or a Disability (SEND) facing obstacles to finding and maintaining work and training
- Support to understand equality legislation and how to present positively to an employer
- Ongoing support to help achieve aims where needed, such as resilience and confidence building
Ambitions Eligibility Criteria
To join Ambitions, participants must be:
- 15 – 24 years old at the point of sign up
- have the right to live and work in the UK
- be either:
- economically inactive (i.e. not actively seeking work/not available for work/full-time student)
- unemployed (i.e. without work, available for work and actively seeking work).
Ambitions Referral Form
Any young person wishing to participate in the Ambitions Project will need to complete a referral form. This can be completed by the young person, a parent or carer.
Someone will get back to you within 10 days of receiving the form.
Get in touch
To contact a Cornwall Education Business Partnership Ambitions Project Officer, and talk to someone about this project, please email email@example.com or phone 01209 615070 and reference ‘Ambitions’.