Back to blog home

Inspiring Futures with Kat Marsh – Looking Back

By: Jack Henderson, Creative Media Production (HND) student, City College Plymouth

When Kat Marsh visited City College Plymouth earlier this year, not only did she talk about her experiences in the music industry, but she shared a few words of wisdom that I could really relate to.

She encouraged us to remember that things don’t always go to plan and don’t have too many expectations when trying to make headway in our careers. She also told us to say yes to all opportunities as you never know where they might lead.

As a student, my own journey towards, and through, HE has taken all sorts of twists and turns – many of which were unexpected, but ultimately these experiences have allowed me to grow in confidence, and I wouldn’t change that for the world!

I’ve also learnt that exploring a variety of pathways and bringing yourself out of your comfort zone is key to discovering what you are truly passionate about.

After talking to us, Kat invited a lucky group of aspiring students to join her in creating some melodies. She added that collaboration is a great way to get ahead in life and meet new people. This is something I have found out for myself during my studies too.

So if you’re struggling to work out what to do next, don’t panic! Look into every option that is available to you and try something that looks exciting and challenging. There are a whole bunch of opportunities out there waiting to be found. You never know where they might lead!

nav close Created with Sketch.

Sign up for updates

…for relevant info and news
straight to your inbox.

Sign me up