When your child nears the end of their compulsory schooling, they will have to make some big decisions about their next steps. As a parent or carer, the advice and guidance you provide throughout their educational journey will have a significant impact on their long-term future.
In recent years, the higher education landscape has changed with more young people heading off to university or college than ever before. However, many parents and carers feel unsure if this is the right pathway for their child, and find the whole topic of higher education quite daunting.
The above excerpt is from our recently published guide to higher education for parents and carers. If you have a child in secondary school then this is the guide that will get you up to speed on all things higher education. The topics addressed in the guide include:
- What higher education is, and what its benefits are.
- How people fund higher education.
- How you can support your child to make informed decisions about their future.
- How to apply for higher education through UCAS.
- The support on offer at universities and colleges.
You can download a digital version of our Higher Education: Parents and Carers Guide here. For a paperback version, please get in touch by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org